Questions about Linux Mint and this list

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 19 00:21:07 UTC 2022

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 16:32:47 -0700, Tom Mitchell wrote:
>An astoundingly long list of Windows 10 machines are not Windows 11
>qualified.

Hi,

the same workaround I used to install Windows 11 as a VirtualBox guest
should work on bare metal, too,
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-users/2022-May/307622.html .

When installing on bare metal the VirtualBox steps are moot, but the
Windows steps, bypassing the TPM check etc., should be the same on bare
metal.

Actually Windows 11 is still Windows 10 under the hood, just with a
facelift and with way more obtrusive "news" feeds and crap like this.
It's possible to get rid of all that crap, but it takes a few hours (at
least it feels like wasting hours of lifetime) and after one and the
other update the crap is back, then Windows 11 looks like YouTube
without an ad blocker. "You can use whatever software you want
right after we told you how many children Putin ate today." There's no
way to get rid of it forever. Windows tells you who is good and who is
bad as unobjective, manipulative and gonzo as possible. But seemingly
Microsoft isn't spying. They really think I'm interested in using the
computer for entertainment, such as playing games or using it as a
television set replacement.

Regards,
Ralf