SSD reliability

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 21:45:13 UTC 2022

On Mon, 18 Jul 2022 at 23:29, MR ZenWiz <mrzenwiz at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been having a nightmare on my main desktop since last night.
>
> I replaced my /home hard disk drive with a Patriot P210 2Tb SSD back
> in April of this year (might have posted about it here - don't
> recall).
[...]
> Opinions, pelase?

I have one that's been doing that for a year or more now. Hasn't
failed yet, but it's not in regular use.

I recommend manually running Trim on it.

https://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/bionic/man8/fstrim.8.html

I just do this after every update:

sudo fstrim / -v
sudo fstrim /home -v

(The laptop has 2 SSDs and dual-boots with Win10. Root and home are on
different physical drives.)

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053