Ubuntu Server 22.04 USB Will Not Boot

Aaron Rainbolt arraybolt3 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:02:12 UTC 2022

I believe this is a known... well it's a bug, but it's not OUR bug.

Canonical recently changed the way that Ubuntu ISOs boot. Thanks to
buggy firmware, while the ISO is expected to *boot* everywhere, it
will sometimes take ages (ok, more like 10 minutes or so) to boot.
Getting stuck on "Booting a command list" is the classic evidence of
this bug. There's copious amounts of info about the whole mess here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/casper/+bug/1922342

In short, try again, and wait a good while for it to boot up. Once the
system is fully installed, it won't take this long to boot in the
future.