20.04.4 to 22.04.1 upgrade: dovecot-core, libdvd-pkg, VirtualBox, amdgpu

ubuntu at howorth.org.uk ubuntu at howorth.org.uk
Tue Aug 30 13:35:43 UTC 2022

lproven at gmail.com wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Aug 2022 at 04:49, Andrew J. Caines

[snip]

> > Don't worry, they are not critical infrastructure services, just
> > local mail management... or were you gulping at Snaps and/or
> > Flatpaks?
>
> YES!
>
> LVM = bad
> Btrfs = bad
> Mixed filesystems = bad
> Snap = bad
> Flatpack = bad
> Snap + Flatpak = bad²

Just to say that I use LVM a lot, and LUKS also. Both have worked well
for me for many years with no problems. I also use btrfs but don't
particularly like it, but it does seem to be becoming more dominant.
Mixed filesystems are essential IMHO. I continue to use reiserfs until
it finally goes away, and I also use XFS. I don't much like ext2/3/4.
Snap & Flatpak I regard as the work of the devil so I've never used
them and can't comment.