ubuntu 22.04.1: select using the mouse has become difficult

robert rottermann robert at redcor.ch
Mon Aug 8 09:20:52 UTC 2022

Hi there

on my desktop with ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS installed (with all upgrades)  selecting
elements like text in vs code, or a partial line in a shell has become rather
difficult.

- trying to select 1 ore more emails in thunderbird opens them immediately
(often, but not always)

- trying to select part of a line in a command shell randomly selects some words

- similar in vs code

Any idea what I can do, to reset that behaviour?

My laptop, running the same Ubuntu version, does do not show that problematic
behaviour.

thanks

Robert