Thunderbird is causing my laptop to run hot

Peter Flynn peter at silmaril.ie
Sun Nov 21 22:07:33 UTC 2021

On 21/11/2021 20:24, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 22/11/21 4:05 am, Bret Busby wrote:
>> On 19/11/21 2:57 pm, Bret Busby wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>>
>>> Firstly, I would not, and, do not, leave Thunderbird running, when not
>>> immediately checking or working on email. I have too many bad
>>> experiences of the scripting errors in Thunderbird, both causing the
>>> system to hang, and, crashing the system.
>>>

>> Since others on the list, do not believe that I encounter the
>> sabotaging scripting errors in Tbird, and make clear that it simply
>> does not happen, and that it is a figment of my imagination, I have
>> attached a screenshot copy of the latest Tbird scripting error.

I did not mention scripting errors simply because I have no experience
of them. You clearly have. It's not a question of belief. Unfortunately
the screenshot didn't make it: is it possible to put it somewhere it can
be downloaded?

There are many errors in Linux which I encounter but which everyone else
(especially the developer channels) dismisses as figments of my
imagination because they have not encountered them, or are unwilling to
believe that they might have made a mistake. I simply live with them
because I lack the language skills needed to fix them and submit code.

Peter