Ubuntu for (primary) school usage

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 14 17:24:49 UTC 2021

On Sat, 13 Nov 2021 13:07:08 -0800, Brian wrote:
>1. DebianEdu/Skolelinux <https://blends.debian.org/edu/>

Hi,

that's what I'm running on QEMU/KVM. A Linux container might be more
appropriate, but I wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone. It's a Debian
EDU test and a test to see if migrating Windows from virtualbox to KVM
makes sense. I don't think KVM is an improvement for Windows guests,
since virtualbox is feature-rich.

A screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/xUjIoa4.png

After getting rid of IO error annoyances I successfully installed it
using the firmware setting BIOS. All installs on my machine, on
bare metal and virtualbox guests run without UEFI. This was my first
KVM hypervisor install. It didn't boot. I needed to reinstall it using
the firmware setting UEFI x86_64: /usr/share/edk2-ovmf/x64/OVMF_CODE.fd
on an Arch Linux host.

Regards,
Ralf