Share Home between 2 releases

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 12:30:52 UTC 2021

On Fri, 12 Nov 2021 at 10:54, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I stopped using a separate partition, mostly because I so often find
> that I have a shortage of disc space, and using a separate partition
> does require extra space (as one needs to leave headroom in the root
> partition).  I know nowadays that disc space is cheap but even today,
> on my laptop, I have a 250GB SSD, and by the time I reserve 60 for
> Windows (in case I need it) and the rest for Ubuntu I find I only have
> 13GB free.  I want to upgrade to a 1TB but they are still close to
> £100.  I think I will put one on my Christmas list and hope for the
> best :)

Gosh. Well, FWIW, my spare/testing T420 has a 250GB SATA SSD and (so
far) nothing else.

I think I have:

[Small DOS partition ½GB]
[Windows reserved, ¼GB]
[Windows C: 64GB]
[Extended
  [Ubuntu root 32GB]
  [Ubuntu home 64GB]
  [Shared data 110GB]
  [Linux swap 8GB]
]

Something like that.

--
Liam Proven ~ Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
Email: lproven at cix.co.uk ~ gMail/gTalk/FB: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/LinkedIn: lproven ~ Skype: liamproven
UK: (+44) 7939-087884 ~ Czech [+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal]: (+420) 702-829-053