live usbstick iso name/location

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 21 01:03:40 UTC 2021

On Sat, 20 Feb 2021 19:33:42 -0500, ken wrote:
>Wishing to try out ubuntu, I searched for the iso for the live usb
>stick.  No joy.  Where is it?  On the ftp site I found iso files for a
>live ubuntu server, but I want to test out a workstation distro on my
>laptop.  anyone know something?

Hi,

you can use the regular Ubuntu flavour DVD images. Use software such as

https://balena.io/etcher

or

https://www.ventoy.net/en/index.html

to get a bootable USB stick.

I'm using the xubuntu-20.04.1-desktop-amd64.iso with Ventoy. It's a
persistence install and I can add other images, too.

If you use BalenaEtche, you don't get a persistence install and you can
use only a single image, but BalenaEtcher is self-explaining easy to
use, while Ventoy requires a little bit of reading.

Regards,
Ralf