local only pop3 server/daemon?

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Sat Feb 20 09:48:11 UTC 2021

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 05:20:58PM -0700, Gary Aitken wrote:
> I'm wondering what the best pop3 daemon would be for a server situation
> where the only popping being done is from a local app (redmine).  I see:
>   dovecot-pop3d
>   mailutils-pop3d
>   popa3d
>   solid-pop3d

If it's local only why do you want POP at all?

I run postfix on a server on my LAN and that provides everything
needed for local mail, and if you want you can set it up to send mail
off to your ISP/Hosting Provider's 'smart host'.

Postfix is very easy to configure for basic situations like this.

--
Chris Green