Ubuntu / Gnome software installer

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 19:43:14 UTC 2021

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 at 18:45, REUBY Dianne via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Thanks - on searching for this, I discovered it isn't installed on 20.04 by default! Now I have a Software icon and it's populated. Apparently the "Ubuntu" one is for snaps.

As I understand it, the Ubuntu one does both, while the GNOME one does
native apps and (I think) GNOME Flatpak apps.

By the way -- if you are having difficulties with GNOME, you can still
install and use Unity, and have both side-by-side on the same copy of
Ubuntu.

https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-unity-desktop-environment-ubuntu-20-04

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com