Issue about listing vulnerabilities on Ubuntu

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 18:02:02 UTC 2021

On Wed, 22 Dec 2021 12:08:50 -0500, Peter Silva wrote:
>On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:01 AM Ricardo Barbosa wrote:
>>Does Ubuntu have or is there any command that gives me the
>> vulnerabilities in the installation? based on CVE? or via
>> https://ubuntu.com/security/cve
>+1 for this request...

Hi,

due to the user-friendly approach and the release model approach of
Ubuntu, it's probably better to rely on the Canonical-supported "main"
repository. "When you install software from the main component, you are
assured that the software will come with security updates and that
commercial technical support is available from Canonical." -
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Repositories#Main
IOW apart from some exceptions, security patches are backported, while
the software version stays at the Ubuntu release's original version, to
grant compatibility.

An audit tool is useful for a user-centric approach and rolling release
approach distro.
Actually I'm using https://gitlab.com/ilpianista/arch-audit on Arch
Linux.

Regards,