ZTE phones as modems on Beaver - anyone try that?

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 18:34:33 UTC 2021

On 16/12/2021, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to get a consumers' cellular phone to act as a USB modem on
> a laptop running Ubuntu Bionic Beaver.  The drivers on the phone did not
> install correctly and they are labelled for earlier versions.
> There is confusing stuff on places like stackexchange.
>
> Thanks.

What is the beaver thing, and, do the cellphone and the computer, not have wifi?

Using a wifi cellphone as a wifi hotspot, for use as a 4G modem,
should be simple.

I switch between 4G wifi modems, and, a 4G cellphone as a wifi hotspot
(I can switch easily between carriers, by doing this), without any
problems.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale