freecad version

Robert Heller heller at deepsoft.com
Tue Oct 27 19:37:03 UTC 2020

At Tue, 27 Oct 2020 13:04:28 -0600 "Ubuntu user technical support,  not for general discussions" <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> does anyone know what version of freecad "comes with"  Ubuntu 20.04 ?
> (I mean the one that gets installed using  apt-get install freecad)
>
> (I assume there is no option to install the newest version, I believe
> 0.19 ?)

I'm pretty sure the latest 'official' release of freecad is like 0.18.4.
0.19.* are all "beta" releases, so they probably are NOT going to be picked up
by distribution packagers.  If you want a newer version you will have to
either build from source yourself or use the self-contained install
executables.   Official development of freecad is somewhat "stalled". I think
there is some sort of effort to kick start the development process...

--
Robert Heller             -- Cell: 413-658-7953 GV: 978-633-5364