how to start particular desktop with startx

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 19:52:42 UTC 2020

Hey there,

Harry Putnam wrote:
>Little Girl writes:

>[...] snipped good comments, and I see you've understood what I'm
>after.

That's always good to know, especially with something like this that
can go in several directions.

>> I've got two pages for you that might help:
>>
>> https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/243195/what-desktop-environment-does-startx-run-and-how-can-i-change-it

>Excellent, yes.  I'd seen a briefer form of that article somewhere
>but it had no details as are found there.

Good. I'm glad it's useful.

>> https://tldp.org/HOWTO/XWindow-User-HOWTO/runningx.html
>
>Oh man, this is the stuff here.  Repleat with detail and example
>scripts.

Heh. That's pretty much how I feel about their material, too. They do
a great job explaining things and go deep in their quest to explore
each topic.

>Thank you sir for the excellent help... very good stuff.

Any time. I hope it's all smooth sailing now.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.