Files and folders in HOME are appearing on the desktop

Bob ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net
Fri Oct 2 17:54:06 UTC 2020

** Reply to message from Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> on Fri, 2 Oct 2020
13:50:20 +0200

> On Thu, 1 Oct 2020 at 20:45, Bob <ubuntu-qygzanxc at listemail.net> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > That was easy.
>
> I'm glad to hear that.
>
> >  user-dirs.dirs must have been one of the files deleted because
> > all of the directories were set to $HOME/.
>
> Yes, that sounds plausible.
>
> I am wondering why sharing folders would do this, though. I often
> share folders between host and guest under VBox, without problem. What
> were you trying to do? Have the guest use the same home directory or
> something?

I do not know why it failed while I was trying to configure shared folders, it
may have been a coincidence as there were several other programs running.  The
guest was Windows and I was trying to share a partition mounted on HOME.

--
Robert Blair

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. -- Adrian Rogers