HPLIB error

Paul Smith paul at mad-scientist.net
Mon Nov 9 19:03:26 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-11-09 at 10:33 -0800, Bob wrote:
> > If so, the designers, in their finite wisdom, have decreed that
> > system icons telling you what's going on are obsolete and they have
> > removed them.
>
> Dumb.

On my desktop I see indicators for various apps such as slack, remmina,
etc. on my panel.  I don't remember doing anything special to get them
and I haven't installed any extensions for this that I can find.

But, I have a vague memory that there were changes to the application
indicator so maybe the app you're using is still using the old method?

There are various extensions which support indicators.

For example, try this extension:

https://extensions.gnome.org/extension/615/appindicator-support/

and see if that helps.