Pale Moon update?

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sat May 23 22:40:20 UTC 2020

On Fri, 22 May 2020 16:36:43 +0100
Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 22 May 2020 at 15:30, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:
> >
> > Worst is if I try to access the same page in WF & FF. If already
> > running in FF, it doesn't even come up in WF. Perhaps the 2 pgms
> > share a lot of stuff, so adding WF is worse than adding
> > nothing. :-((
> >
> > Good idea, but not if running both at the same time...
>
> Have you checked whether you are running out of RAM?
>
> I have not had problems running the two together on the odd occasions
> I have done that.  Certainly their settings are completely separate.
> As Liam said though, I don't know why you would want to do it
> routinely.
>
> Colin

I have checked the RAM status, and that does not seem to be the current
problem. I can start to get this when all browsers are fully loaded
with large, active content, though. I did seem to have severe memory
problems when using the Brave browser, which quickly tries to take over
almost all of the available computer memory, but I've stopped using it
because of that problem.

I may not be using browsers the way many people do. For me, it is quite
convenient and productive to have at least several hundred browser tabs
open at the same time, and be able to flip back and forth between them
quickly. This is helpful for studying complex issues, to see exactly
how the dozens of parts of the complex issue are related and/or go
together or not. I've not been able to do this with just a single
browser, so I'm trying to do this by using several different browsers
at the same time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Rik