Upgrade from 19.10 to 20.04 failed - upgrade process broken

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sat May 9 11:56:32 UTC 2020

On 08/05/2020, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Freitag, den 08.05.2020, 23:47 +0000 schrieb Bret Busby:
>>
>> The system now shows as being 20.04 LTS.But, as had started happening
>> recently, recurred upon the system restart after the upgrade - "A
>> system program error has been detected. Report it?", with no
>> indication of which system program is the subject of the error
>> message, and no information about what is the error type.
>>

> if you allow it to report it, a second dialog comes up where you have a
> details view telling you about the app that crashed and showing the
> collected logs and info (you can still decline sending the report on
> that page).

Ah, no.

I just logged into the computer again, and the dialogue box was there
again. I selected the "Report it" option, and the dialogue box
disappeared, and nothing appeared in its place. This is what had
previously been happening.

It is frustrating, because I have no idea, as to what is happening,
other than that something is wrong.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale