Trying again: I installed grub twice on two drives, how to fix it?

Ralf Mardorf kde.lists at yahoo.com
Sun May 3 08:32:24 UTC 2020

Most likely a grub menu is on both disks.

Grub itself is likely installed to the HDD only, but it could be
installed on both drives, too.

Updating the menu gains nothing, it most likely is already up to date.

How to install or repair grub is probably described by
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2/Installing (I didn't read it).

Anyway, as already pointed out, my guess is that grub likely needs to be
installed to the SSD and that the boot order by the BIOS settings
needs editing, if grub is or isn't already installed on the SSD.

Wow, https://www.zoho.com/mail/help/usage-policy.html , sending mails to
the list is blocked by Zoho, yet another mailing list hostile provider,
I needed to change my account's email address.