Zoom

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:27:30 UTC 2020

On Mon, 30 Mar 2020 at 23:07, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you use that Chinese owned software, Opera?
>
> Are you really willing to let the Chinese government into yor computer?

Well, TBH, yes.

I would say it depends what you do, what sector you work in, etc.
There are certainly companies and roles that arguably should not. But
for an ordinary home computer, yes.

I used to use Total360 antivirus on my rarely-booted Windows
partition. It was small and fast, with less overhead than Windows
Defender, and also had useful disk-cleanup and system-patching
functions that are far quicker than the built-in alternatives.

I've pensioned off that PC now and left the new one running Defender,
but I have evaluated Opera and it's a decent browser.

As per Scott McNeally of Sun:
"You *have* no privacy on the Internet. Get over it."

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com