Using wpa_supplicant.conf to predefine a wifi connection

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:13:28 UTC 2020

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 15:32:01 +0200, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com>
wrote:

>hi,
>
>Am Sonntag, den 28.06.2020, 14:48 +0200 schrieb Bo Berglund:
>>
>> So how can I preconfigure the WiFi network on the machine so it can
>> connect when it is powered on at the location?
>
>ubuntu uses netplan since a while for commandline based system
>configuration, see:
>
>https://netplan.io/
>
>and edit /etc/netplan/*.yaml to your needs ...

But what should be in it then?
Here is the full current content of
/etc/netplan/01-network-manager-all.yaml:

# Let NetworkManager manage all devices on this system
network:
  version: 2
  renderer: NetworkManager

i.e. exactly the limited content shown in the link you posted...

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden