Trying to upgrade with do-release-upgrade failing

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 24 22:25:09 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 03:03:26PM +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 at 02:18, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > After all of that, it turned out the 300Gb laptop drive had 30Gb of free space.
> > I installed Beaver on that in minimal mode, after pounding on the stuck glide junk
> > to stop the cursor from drifting away, and it booted right up.  I still have my
> > 11 system and 'Dohs 7 .
> >
> > Thanks. It may have been exciting resizing the ntfs partition or installing
> > over 11 but it turned out not to be an issue.
>
> Glad it worked!
>
> Sounds like you have a cleanup job waiting, though...

The next time I get a system I will repartition it right away
and leave an "upgrade" partition.  I did pretty good with the
30gb partition up until recently and the new 500gb drive will
probably never miss a minimal install partition. Once a new
system is in, I can then eventually move everything over or
delete it and put the next upgrade on the earlier / partition.
That's the theory anyway.

I was suprised the Beaver ISO did not install g++ etc in minimal
mode. All the packages pre-built now? And yes I went and
got ifconfig too lol.