Sound stopped working, Dell Laptop

P. Echols p.echo926 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 20:51:57 UTC 2020

Greetings all,
I have a dell inspiron laptop with Ubuntu 18.04.4.  Also dual boots to
windows 10.
Everything was working, but suddenly sound does not work.  Volume is
up, "built in audio" selected in settings (the only choice).
Following some guides on the interwebs, I reinstalled alsa and
pulseaudio to no effect.  Oh, and in my efforts, I managed to make the
toolbar widget go away.  But still should work, right?

When booting into windows, sound works fine.  Open to suggestions on
how to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
echo