Moving to non-Word formats [long] (was: Re: Having trouble finding a word in multiple files

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:05:49 UTC 2020

On Tue, 16 Jun 2020 at 02:23, H <agents at meddatainc.com> wrote:

> I have been missing the old DOS outliners for a very long time, to use exactly as you describe. I think I used PC Outline the most if I remember correctly...

Yes, me too. (There were also some excellent ones on classic MacOS.)

I have even tried running some tools under DOSemu, but TBH, once
you're using an alien platform under emulation, you might as well use
something relatively mainstream and modern.

I do mean to investigate Grandview. I never used it back in the day
but apparently it's officially freeware now.

https://www.outlinersoftware.com/topics/viewt/6291

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com