libc-bin "cycle found while processing triggers"

Peter Silva peter at bsqt.homeip.net
Tue Jun 16 03:24:52 UTC 2020

dunno... bit of a guess, but it looks like it is getting messed up because
you need a mail-transfer-agent, but the MTA does not need to be postfix.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/mail-transport-agent

I would try:

apt --simulate install nullmailer

so that should make postfix removable without losing the
mail-transfer-agent target, and thus without triggering libc armageddon.

I don't recommend removing libc... that is never going to end well...
better off re-installing from scratch. You could upgrade to a different
version, but removing will likely leave the userland unusable.