Gnome shell extensions

REUBY Dianne d.reuby at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 9 13:55:14 UTC 2020

> On 09 June 2020 at 11:26 Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 at 11:45, Dianne Reuby via ubuntu-users
> <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Tom. But I've already installed chrome-gnome-shell as per the documentation page. Rerunning the command tells me I have the latest version installed, but I still get the browser message.
>
> All you should need is 2 parts: the browser plugin (for Mozilla or
> Chrome) and the OS native package. If you have both of them, it should
> work. Have you rebooted since installing both? Have you tried doing a
> full update and rebooting?

I have the browser extension installed (GNOME Shell integration 10.1), and used the command shown on the documentation page (sudo apt-get install chrome-gnome-shell) which reports package is installed.

The laptop had Chromium pre-installed rather than Chrome, would that make a difference?

TIA
Dianne