Fujitsu lifebook A544, after bios update, kacpid using processor

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 15:39:28 UTC 2020

On Sun, 26 Jul 2020 at 15:44, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> I booted into Windows on my Fujitsu Lifebook A544 and was notified
> that there was an important BIOS upgrade which would make it less
> likely that my battery would self ignite, so I upgraded it to the
> latest (1.25).

I spent some time digging in case that _wasn't_ the latest -- I've
often seen apps update to a version that isn't current -- but it is.

https://support.ts.fujitsu.com/indexdownload.asp?Softwareguid=782a5e9e-a58a-49b7-98ba-71ef2d844a88

>   Has anyone any other
> ideas which might help?

Try some other distros, off USB? If they're not affected, maybe this
is a glitch restricted to one particular kernel or something...

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk – gMail/gTalk/gHangouts: lproven at gmail.com