No network in chroot environment

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sun Jan 26 14:02:36 UTC 2020

Am Samstag, den 25.01.2020, 21:43 +0100 schrieb Ralf Mardorf via
ubuntu-users:
> To workaround issues when using systemd-nspawn without the -b option
> my
> resolv.conf files are files and not links. IIRC a link does work,
> when
> using systemd-nspawn with the -b option. However, while a chroot
> allows
> to do some things, that still can't be done by using
> systemd-nspawn, with or without the -b flag, a chroot might suffer
> from
> one or another pitfall (perhaps related to systemd). Perhaps
> resolv.conf
> is such a pitfall.
>
> There's no issue at all by using a resolv.conf file instead of a link
> for my Ubuntu 16.04 and Arch Linux installs, at least not when using
> systemd-nspawn.
>
> Sometimes systemd-nspawn can't replace a chroot. However, I didn't
> remember any issue by using resolv.conf files instead of links, when
> using a chroot, but maybe resolv.conf wasn't needed at all, when I
> needed to use a chroot instead of systemd-nspawn.
>
> Consider to dally over with the principle of trial and error. IOW for
> testing purpose replace the links by a file.

Thank you for your hint to systemd-nspawn. I won't need it now, since
I'll do it a more conventional way. See the new thread "EFI support in
the kernel". I don't have the nerves right now, to dig into the
systemd-nspawn way.

Cheers
Volker