How to control ciphers used by SSL?

stan stanb at panix.com
Wed Jan 22 15:43:02 UTC 2020

We are in the process of upgrading a machine that is quite old. One of the
major tasks performed by this machine is supporting a fair number of
MikroTi's. This is done by connecting to these devices using a perl module
MikroTik::API . When we run the perl script on the newer (18.04) machine,
it fails to connect. We believe this is because the ciphers available on
the devices are not being used by the newer openssl layer.

Does this make sense?

If so, how can we add the older ciphers to the list that the SSL layer
offers from the Ubuntu machine.

FYI, this is on an internal network, so we are not overly concerned about
the use of older ciphers.

This is done by connecting to a specific port on the devices, not the ssh
or https ports.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin