Wanted, a simple GUI calendar that uses local files, not evolution server dependent

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 10:05:45 UTC 2020

May I ask about what seems to me to be a contradiction here?

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 20:34, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:

> I want a GUI calendar that I can use when off line,

Offline, fine.

> ... which makes synchronising across two systems
> almost impossible.

Oh. But *not* offline, because you want calendar sync.

I think I get it but I am not sure so I seek clarification...

 • you want it local so it doesn't need an Internet connection?
 • you don't trust Google et al with your data, i.e. don't want it in
a public cloud service?
 • you want to do the synching yourself?
 • or, failing that, have them in (e.g.) Dropbox or some other
local-file-sync tool?

I don't want to start spraying bad answers around.