Wanted, a simple GUI calendar that uses local files, not evolution server dependent

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Mon Jan 13 21:38:01 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 04:25:15PM -0500, Ken D'Ambrosio wrote:
> > Chris Green wrote:
> >
> > I want a GUI calendar that I can use when off line, so that rules out
> > Google Calendar and anything else like that.
>
> Bumped into this:
> https://github.com/awesome-selfhosted/awesome-selfhosted#calendaring-and-contacts-management
>
> Can't speak to any of them, alas.

I can! :-)

Following that link one gets to quite a large number of CalDav
*servers* and just four clients (wierd, why are there so many more
server implementations than clients?).

Of the four clients one is for Android so not much help, two seem to
have died and their demos are inaccessible.  The one remaining one
(AgenDav) is still just about alive but the last release was almost
three years ago. I may try it out though.

--
Chris Green