External Disk Intrusion

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:40:53 UTC 2020

On 08/01/2020 12:16, Tony Arnold wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> On Wed, 2020-01-08 at 11:39 +0000, Colin Law wrote:
>> On Wed, 8 Jan 2020 at 09:59, Phil Dobbin <
>> bukowskiscat at gmail.com
>> <mailto:bukowskiscat at gmail.com>
>> > wrote:

<snip for brevity's sake>

> I can think of a number of ways you might fix this:
>
> 1) Check on the device itself to see if it goes to sleep after a certain
> amount of time and disable this (I'm guessing on this one to be honest)
>
> 2) Go into settings and removable devices and set removable devices to
> do nothing rather than mount automatically.
>
> 3) If the device is permanently connected, then consider mounting it in
> /etc/fstab rather than let it automount.

Hi Liam, Colin & Tony.

parted reported it was a SCSI device: it's a USB HDD.

I haven't got the option of Removable Devices in Settings & can't think
where it would be.

Thanks for your replies, I'm going to check the logs & see if I can spot
the culprit.

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
Man's unhappiness stems from his inability
to sit quietly in his room.