OT: best FOSS wiki for this classroom scenario?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Thu Feb 20 11:44:02 UTC 2020

Hello all,

I have been asked to install, on an AWS instance running Linux, a wiki
for a few classes of a private school. Requirements are simple, I just
welcome some advice as to which FOSS wiki is best for this specific
scenario:

- < 50 users total (students, teachers, admins)

- bulk user creation by syadmin

- support for separate user groups, with supervisors. By default, the
  pages created by any student of a class should be visible only to
  other students and teachers of the same class, each student should
  also be able to set her pages in private mode (i.e. permission 700,
  using Linux conventions), and only see/comment (but NOT edit or
  delete) the pages of other students of the same class. And the
  teacher of each class, of course, should be able to
  read/write/change all pages of that class.

- organize pages in folders/subfolders

- visual/GUI page editor

- optional: page history

Mediawiki seems a real overkill, I am looking at dokuwiki right now,
but other suggestions are really welcome!

TIA,
Marco

--

M. Fioretti http://mfioretti.com                   http://stop.zona-m.net