simple scan

walt w7prb at comcast.net
Fri Apr 10 04:15:21 UTC 2020

Bob:

I have a HP M277 ... MFP printer on my LAN which printed fine with the
CUPS print system but would not scan with any scanner program that I
could find.  Someone suggested that I install the hplip package from the
HP linked source.  You will have to Google for that. As I remember I did
not use  the latest version because it asked for a driver that was
present on my computer but wasn't recognized.  After it was installed
simple-scan and other scanners worked fine.   I am using Mint 19.3.

   walt

----- Walt Jamison, W7PRB  w7prb at comcast.net-----