odd file

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Sep 20 06:17:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 07:08:10 +0200, Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
>I emptied the trash when two odd files appeared in the trash bin.

Hi,

in my world view 'trash bin' ($HOME/.local/share/Trash/) already is
an odd folder, but I even don't have the bad programmed gvfs
installed. To fulfil hard dependencies against gvfs, I install empty
dummy packages to all of my Linux installs, actually gvfs should be an
optional dependency, since it's absolutely not needed.

>Here is one of them
>
>refreshd6f4f1fe23a9c69078487db28e097a9bcd0581a5141641ff5c39fc4f39d0d98d329729db
>
>the other also began with 'refresh'
>
>Does this mean something such as a hack attempt?

What makes you think, that it could be "something such as a hack
attempt" and what is "something such"?

Did you already use an online virus scanner?

>I can no longer see either file in the trash.

Did you delete the files and you just want to inform us, that no new
files are moved to the trash folder or did they disappear
automatically? Assuming they disappeared automatically, it's not that
seldom that environments automatically delete files in the trash folder
after a given time. I don't know how your desktop environment, probably
GNOME, handles this.

Regards,
Ralf