A question about multiple boot options and live boot iso images

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 30 11:33:03 UTC 2019

30 October 2019  at 11:01, Bret Busby wrote:
A question about multiple boot opti (at least in part)

>Hello.

>whether something like a removable USB drive can be easily set up, with GRUB,
>or, something like it, so that a user can have multiple Linux
>distributions/versions live boot iso images, on the same removable USB drive,
>and, upon booting into the removable USB drive, be given the option of which
>distribution/(version number of a distribution), into which, to boot, to find
>which, is a good match for a particular computer's resources, so, I assume,
>having a GRUB, or similar, interface, on the removable USB drive?

I don't know about opne that can be set up from Ubuntu (or other Nix*) but
there is a windows based USB creater that "claims" to do exactly that by the
name of YUMI (Multi Boot) I have never got it to make a working (bootable) copy
of Ubuntu with persistance so it's not on the top of my list, but its free so
you could try it