Two problems with UbuntuMATE 19-10 - mouseover and shotwell

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 15:02:28 UTC 2019

Hello.

On both of my UbuntuMATE 19.10 installations, the mouseover does not
work. On previous version numbers, a mouseover would cause to be
displayed, a description of the item, and. now, especially with new
and unknown icons in the panel, I can not find what are they.

Also, whilst I had no problems using shotwell in 16.04.x, and earlier
LTS versions, in 19.10, it does not work. Shotwell in 19.10, tells me
that a camera is tied up by another application, which needs to be
shut down. But, using the file manager caja, I can access the images
in the camera, and copy them to the computer, as long as I do it
before shotwell or whatever, severs the connection with the camera,
which then is no longer mounted.

But, then, connecting the camera to a 16.04.6 installation, works
okay, and shotwell on the 16.04 installation, works fine, as it always
has so done, in my experience (before 19.10_).

I do not know whether these two problems, are problems of Ubuntu
v19.10, or, problems of new versions of the individual packages (the
mouse driver and shotwell).

--
Bret Busby
Armadale