DVD problem

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Fri Oct 18 17:13:29 UTC 2019

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:22:23 +0100
Richard Kimber via ubuntu-users <ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> When I insert a DVD I get a window saying words to the effect of
> "Unable to mount disk it is already mounted"
>
> I have set caja to do nothing for all media insertions, and never to
> prompt on media insertion, and I have told it not to browse media when
> inserted.
>
> So what is (a) automatically mounting the disk (and how do I stop
> it?), and (b) what is sending me the message that it can't mount the
> disk (and how do I stop that)?
>
> Basically, I'm just trying to use K3B to write an iso, but it always
> fails with a write error, which I assume is related to the above. I
> tried using the Disks program to restore an image, but it tells me
> that the DVD is read only, presumably because something else has
> mounted it.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu Mate 19.04

I get the same message on Ubuntu 16.04, then close that window. Under
that window another window then asks what to do with that disk; I say do
nothing, the window closes. [The blank DVD is one of the items on the
left side stack of pgms, but I ignore that.] I start K3B and it runs OK
with no errors [unless something happens], verifies the DVD, and I
close K3B. The disks work fine, as expected.

I like some KDE pgms and use them, BUT they **DO NOT** play well with
Ubuntu. For example, I can't copy/paste between them, and other
problems. Perhaps what you see is a similar incompatibility with Mate?

Rik