Trying to learn C++

Stephen stephen_o at bell.net
Thu Oct 17 20:41:49 UTC 2019

I'm trying to learn Cpp programing on Linux Mint 18.3 which is based on
Ubuntu 16.04.

Every time I try to compile a source file that has #include <iostream> I
get a message saying that it can't find iostream. I tried using
iostream.h and it had the same effect.

I tried "using namespace std;". I got a lot of lines saying that such
and such was not a member of std::???

With <iostream.h> or <iostream> or with it in quotes I get the same thing.

stephen at DeskTop ~ $ g++ ~/projects/hello.cpp
/home/stephen/projects/hello.cpp:2:22: fatal error: "iostream": No such
file or directory
compilation terminated.
stephen at DeskTop ~ $

I would really like to learn c++ programing, but I have to fix this so I
can use the book C++ in 21 days.

Thanks in advance

Stephen.