Report Problems with LibreOffice base

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 04:47:37 UTC 2019

On Sat, Oct 12, 2019 at 10:44 PM Peter <petergoggin at bigpond.com> wrote:

> I have LibreOffice installed form the Ubuntu repository. Although it
> provides menu to create reports and to run them any attempt to use these
> menu options causes the data base to crash.  Earlier version of Libre
> Office worked well and I could produce and print reports.
>
> Does the install from the repository include the reporting software?
> If not where can I download and install it?
>

> Is there another reporting program I can use with Libre office?
> The Libre Office  release I am using is Version: 6.0.7.3
> Build ID: 1:6.0.7-0ubuntu0.18.04.10
> The ubuntu release is 18.04.3 LTS (32 bit)

Under Disco 19.04 the supplied version of Libreoffice (standard Ubuntu
repository) is 6.2.7-0ubuntu0.1.

To install the reporting software (under your version of Ubuntu OR mine),
the package is called

  libreoffice-report-builder

I have not tried it in a few releases, but historically the report builder
has not been as polished as Libreoffice Writer.

There may be other utilities you can use with libreoffice-base, though I
doubt there are many "free" ones -- in other words you might be able to pay
to get a better report writer, but I do not have any recommendations for
that.