cheap laptop suggestions that will boot to ubuntu without hassle

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 14:10:10 UTC 2019

On 28/11/2019, Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I had previously been concerned with booting from syslinux or grub with
> older computers
> such as e-machines. This new Dell Precision with uefi seemed to work well
> with Ubuntu
> installed by Dell so I never fiddled with it once determining that the USB
> sticks will
> boot too ( Dell had originally been pushing kernels until efi partition
> filled up but it
> looks like they fixed that much ). With all the brew-ha-ha about holiday
> deals,
> and remaining interest in using "lo tech" or obsolete machines in niches,
> I looked around amazon briefly and found this older model asus for 170 USD,
> ( If they had a "cite" button or supported BoMTex, I could just paste a cool
> biblio or bill-of-materials like description designed by them lol)
>
> https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Ultra-Thin-Processor-L203MA-DS04-Microsoft/dp/B07N6S4SY1?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_D_b59e35aa_62&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

That link goes to killer robots that prevent access.

Amazon HAS changed, and apparently now is something to be aavoided,
apart from all of the other published reasons for avoiding it.

Is "brew-ha-ha" the brouhaha that results from people being full of brew?

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."