Can't connect outside local subnet.

Ken D'Ambrosio ken at jots.org
Tue Nov 26 14:06:08 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-26 08:44, bdushok at luzerne.edu wrote:

* "A device outside the subnet:" are you pinging by hostname or IP?

* What, exactly, is the syntax of your ping?

* Do you have IPv6 running?  (Most default to at least having the
interfaces up.)  I'm not sure this is relevant, but when I put "connect:
invalid argument" into Google, most of the top hits involved IPv6, which
makes me wonder.

I'd also be interested in seeing if you might have more than one default
gateway: "netstat -rn | grep "^0\.0\.0\.0" would show that.

-Ken