copy/paste problem

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 18:23:08 UTC 2019

On 18/11/2019, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Nov 2019 at 00:14, rikona <rikona at sonic.net> wrote:

<snip>

>> Interesting. In the past I tried to run lots of Firefox instances, but
>> when there were more than about four or so windows open I ran into LOTS
>> of problems - wouldn't keep working.
>
> Don't. 1 instance, and ideally, 1 window.
>
> Multiple windows works fine, but if you close them all and the app,
> when you reopen it, you will either get a mixture of all your tabs
> from all your windows, or only the last window closed, and it's not
> ideal. So don't.
>
> Use Tree Style Tabs if you need multiple groups of multiple tabs.

With firefox, I have found that, with multiple windows of multiple
tabs, open, if either I use File -> Quit, or, I have to do a hard
system reboot (turn off the power, and after letting the HDD stop
turning, boot up again, because interrupts have been disabled by a
hanging), then, when running Firefox the next time, selecting Restore
Previous Session, the session is restored, with the relevant tabs in
their relevant positions, in their relevant windows.

This works on both firefox on UbuntuMATE 16.04.6 and on UbuntuMATE 19.10.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."