copy/paste problem

Little Girl littlergirl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 14:25:39 UTC 2019

Hey there,

rikona wrote:

>Recent problem which seems to be getting worse. Running Ubuntu 16.04
>updated. I have 2 'files' windows open, highlight some files in #1,
>release all mouse buttons, click on the highlighted files, hold down
>shift key, drag to #2 window - and nothing happens. Repeat, repeat
>some more and finally works on perhaps try #6-10 - finally moved the
>files. Getting to be a pain. What might be going on and how can I
>restore the original move/copy behavior?

Have you tried this with another mouse and gotten the same result? I
tend to keep a supply of new mice handy because the model I prefer
tends to misbehave in two different ways when it's no good any more.
It either clicks more than I told it to or refuses to click when I
tell it to. The misbehavior is random and sporadic at first and
becomes more and more frequent as time goes by. It sounds like you
may be seeing some of that kind of misbehavior with your mouse.

--
Little Girl

There is no spoon.