Netplan has made 3 big problem on this system with Ubuntu 19.10

Rashkae ubuntu at tigershaunt.com
Thu Nov 7 14:43:23 UTC 2019

On 2019-11-07 8:07 a.m., Tom H wrote:

> If you don't have "cloud-init" installed and you want to set up NM
> without netplan, delete the files under "/etc/netplan" and set up NM
> connections whichever way that you prefer, as long as NM started by
> systemd.

Unfortunately, it's not quite that simple, since Network Manager is
configured by default to ignore Ethernet connections.  I think this is
something inherited by Debian.

There is a proper way to correct this by adding a higher priority
configuration file in /etc

Personally, I've just been deleting
/usr/lib/NetworkManager/conf.d/10-globally-managed-devices.conf