Wireless not connecting...

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Thu May 30 12:51:14 UTC 2019

On Thu, May 30, 2019 at 02:33:57PM +0200, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Thu, 30 May 2019 at 12:47, Robert Heller <heller at deepsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > I don't have a 19.04 ISO (I would need to download it to a USB stick).
>
> So what's the problem with that? It's not big by modern standards.
>
> > Somehow I am thinking it is not a driver program, but more likely bad
> > hardware.
>
> We do not yet have enough info to conclude that, I think.

What generated that loop of ifconfig output? I would still try stepping
through it by hand as much as possible. I thikn my code contained
something called kill_list which was my own kill function ( calls
kill on args and prints a message ) but killing supplicants, looking
for ifstate spurious locks, then restart network would be worth
a try. Then if ifconfig still comes up with SSID try dhclient ,
IIRC there is a verbose option, and see what happens. In the past
I've started wpa_supplicant from the command line and I seem to
recall, this is the old debian on emachines, it would start looping
for some reasons but usually resolved.

I'm not sure how supplicant gets launched as it is not anywhere in /etc/init.d
but it is easy to start by hand and apparently there is or was /etc/wpa_supplicant dir
 .