Krita view and/or export issue

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon May 27 13:16:03 UTC 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019 22:46:55 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
>On Mon, 2019-05-27 at 14:11 +0200, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>> comes close to the exported wallpaper JPEG. Until now it provides the
>> best result.
>> [...]
>> The remaining difference of the exported JPEG (not shown by the
>> screenshot) might be "normal".
>
>How does it look if you export to an explicitly lossless format e.g
>TIFF?
>
>If you are concerned about quality, I do not understand why you are
>bothering with JPG.

I either export a pixel graphic wallpaper to PNG or JPEG, since another
format doesn't make sense for a wallpaper. The issue with the extreme
error colour is not related to the export. Krita showed the picture
with a broken colour profile. For editing I use Gimp's own file format
when working with Gimp and Krita's own file format when working with
Krita. If I would export the existing artwork to a lossless format now,
it wouldn't divert from the Krita original anymore, but it anyway still
would not look as the artwork did look when I've done it in the first
place, since this picture was edited by using the broken colour
profile.

IOW I usually use a suitable file format for a wallpaper and if I
notice an issue after export, I use different settings or test another
file format.