Connecting to a basic wi fi network (getting on the internet) in Ubuntu

MR ZenWiz mrzenwiz at gmail.com
Sun May 26 21:49:16 UTC 2019

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 11:17 AM M. P. via ubuntu-users
<ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> I am running the latest version of ubuntu on a mac their is a wi fi network around me but when I go into wi-fi in ubuntu it says no Wi-Fi Adapter Found. How do I set up a basic WI-FI Internet connection?

It sounds like your laptop is trying to tell you that it does not
recognize any of your adapters as a wifi device.

If you know for a fact the computer has one, you may have to find the
driver on the web and install it manually.  Once that's done, you
should be ok.

You can use lspci and lsusb to identify your devices.  See the man
pages for each as to how to use them and read the results.

Good luck.

Mark