How do I get rid of unusable application icon on launcher?

Owen Thomas owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com
Sat May 25 22:41:48 UTC 2019

On Sun, 26 May 2019 at 04:11, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 May 2019 at 01:14, Owen Thomas <owen.paul.thomas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > I opened a CLI, started Netbeans, locked Netbeans to the desktop
>
> It was not necessary to do that before editing the file, the file was
> there whether you locked it to the launcher or not.

Ummm... yes, I agree, but no. Yes - the file is being stored somewhere (I
can't motivate myself enough to look), but it wasn't in
~/.local/share/applications before I locked it to the launcher; no - the
fact that there was no obvious way to edit this file so that the
application was actually being launched was a cause of an unnecessary
complication to my life.

If my two cents is worth anything, I think there should be a menu option
available upon right-clicking the launcher icon that allows the user to
edit this file. There is no sunshine when an application available on the
launcher cannot be launched.